a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Graphic Design

dunn
New in Town

Graphic Design

Postby dunn » December 8th, 2017 8:00 pm

Howdy,

I would be pleased to see some lessons on graphic design.

I am just starting my Greek studies and have oh so much to learn. But one day, I'll have some grammar under my belt and will have gone through such things as position, colors, office, etc.. Just a thought so that when I'm able to verbally discuss different topics, I could discuss design concepts, application, and typography.

If only GreekPod had someone with an interest in design. :)

Thanks,
-- dunn

stefaniach
Been Around a Bit

Re: Graphic Design

Postby stefaniach » December 9th, 2017 3:00 am

Hi Dunn,

You won't believe this but I'm actually a graphic designer! Basically I do that and a few other things for Innovative Language, the company behind GreekPod101.com. You can read my bio here:
https://www.greekpod101.com/about-us/me ... roduction/

To be honest, I don't think a lesson on graphic design would be interesting for most of our users. We focus more on everyday life dialogues rather than lingo of specific professions, but if you have any questions about graphic design terms in Greek, just leave me a comment! I'll be glad to help :)

May I ask, how come you want to learn graphic design vocabulary in Greek? Are you planning to study or work in Greece? I'm just curious, that's all :)!

Stefania
Team GreekPod101.com

Get 40% OFF
dunn
New in Town

Postby dunn » December 10th, 2017 9:18 am

Howdy, Stefanía,

Actually, I had already read your bio so was just joking a little bit about not being able to find a designer who knows Greek. :)

If we can't make lessons on design because that's too specific, that's fine. Design is just one place my interests lie and when I think of talking to someone, I don't imagine talking about how we're both doing or the weather. Besides, after that and a short biography, if we have no interests, there's not much to talk about, right?

I have no plans to work in Greece at this point, but the opportunity would be welcomed. Right now, I would need some design terminology and specifically some typography terminology to learn how to create Greek characters in typefaces. By trade, I'm a draftsman (construction/engineering-type drafting, not just drawing), and when I try to use the simple one-stroke fonts used in drafting, there are no Greek characters. So one of my first orders of business would be how to create those characters, just in the simple one-stroke fonts at first.

After that, design, art, woodworking, metalworking, all hold interest for me, and all have specific vocabularies which will be different in Greek than English (or American).

I'm going to hold you to your offer to help me with terminology I may not be able to figure out!

Thanks,
-- dunn

stefaniach
Been Around a Bit

Postby stefaniach » December 11th, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Dunn,

Making your own font sounds challenging! I hope I can be of help if you need any terms in Greek.

Cheers,

Stefania
Team GreekPod101.com

Return to “Greek Lesson Suggestions”