a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Information

AnDC
New in Town

Information

Postby AnDC » July 9th, 2018 11:20 am

Hello,

First I have to tell you it is difficult for me to express myself in English (I live in Belgium and I speak Dutch)…

I really would like to learn Greek (after several holidays in Crete) and I discovered this site a few days ago (+ free trial).

I am a little bit confused about the structure, for example I don’t find a table of contents of all lessons and is there anywhere an overview of all grammar subjects ?
I don’t know if my questions are clear enough and I want to apologize for all the mistakes I’m writing 

Signing up to this course would mean I have to improve my English as well… what a challenge ! 

Greetings, An

stefaniach
Been Around a Bit

Re: Information

Postby stefaniach » July 9th, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi An,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to GreekPod101.com!

First of all, your English is perfectly fine and you don't have to apologize for any mistakes :) Feel free to write and contact us as often as you wish.

As for your questions, I'll try to familiarize you a little bit with the structure as I do understand that it might seem a bit confusing with all the options there are.

1. The lessons on the site are all located in the menu LESSONS > LESSON LIBRARY. There, they are organized in levels. You can take this assessment test and then depending on the results, you can select the appropriate level for you in the lesson library:
https://www.greekpod101.com/learningcen ... assessment

2. One you have selected your level, you can browse the content available for your level in the lesson library in two modes: Classic and non-classic. You can select this from the options on the left if you use a desktop computer.

- The classic mode shows pathways which are basically original series of lessons. These series are either video or audio series and you can also choose which type of series you are looking for from the options on the left.

- The non-classic mode shows pathways that could be original series or they could be a collection of lessons from different series grouped under a specific topic. So here a pathway may have audio and video lessons mixed together.

You can choose whichever mode you think works best for you. Either mode will provide you the equal amount of content. It's just that in the non-classic mode, some lessons might appear in more than one pathways, so it looks as if the content is more but in reality it's not. In the classic mode, each lesson appears only in the pathway/series it belonged to originally.

3. Once you select a pathway, you can check the lesson titles from its main page. Some pathways do offer the option "Explore Curriculum" so you can see the contents there, however not all pathways offer that: https://screencast.com/t/jEpGizmYxmm
At the moment there is no master list that works as a table of contents for all the lessons in all levels in the way that a book, for example, would list its contents or chapters. However, if you choose the classic mode for your lesson library, and you need to know the curriculum for a pathway (original series) that doesn't seem to offer the curriculum option, you can let me know so I can help you find the info you are looking for as not all series teach grammar. Some series teach standard phrases, for example, and you can see the topic from the lesson title itself, so a curriculum is not necessary for these series. Whenever you are unsure, feel free to let me know :)

I hope this has been helpful. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us again!

Kind regards,

Stefania
Team GreekPod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Greek”